Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Training
Sexual harassment lawsuits continue to be one of the leading claims made by employees in the workplace. Despite all the publicity surrounding these types of claims, employees and managers still engage in conduct in the workplace that can lead to a costly and emotional lawsuit. Juries will award a large verdict, particularily if they find that a complaint of sexual harassment was ignored, not handled properly or the victim claims they were retaliated against for making the complaint.
We provide sexual harassment training for employees, as well as managers that comply with the training requirements under California law. We have programs that are 1-4 hours long and can be tailored to your goals and objectives.
For our public education clients, we also provide sexual harassment training that involves student - student harassment and student -faculty harassment.
Our experience in defending employees and employers at trial in these type of cases allows us to present a training program that zeroes in on the behaviors in the workplace that can lead to these claims and how to prevent these claims and respond to them when a complaint is made.
We also provide training on how to avoid discrimination claims based upon race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability and all protected classes relating to hiring, promotions, discipline, evaluations and terminations.
Our Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Training
Our training includes the following:
- A true/false questionaire that educates the attendees on the law on sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, conducting investigations and liability for claims of sexual harassment/discrimination
- Training on proper investigations into complaints of sexual harassment/discrimination
- Review of FEHA, EEOC and OCR complaints, letters and requests for information
- Actual case studies for the attendees to analyze and review in an interactive format
- Review of your policies and procedures on sexual harassment/discrimination
- FAQ's on sexual harassment/discrimination and investigations
- Question and answer session
Your employees and manages will come away from this program with a greater understanding of the law, as well as their legal obligations and responsibility to avoid this type of behavior in the workplace.
For information on how we can provide your business specialized sexual harassment training/discrimination, please fill out the form below.