Disability Law Compliance
Employers still ignore the sweeping effect the ADA and state disability laws have on the workplace. This training program teaches your team the important aspects of the law and provides you easy to use forms to comply with disability laws beginning with interviewing and hiring applicants, and including all aspects of reasonable accomodation for existing employees. What is your answer to these questions:
- Do your hiring practices, i.e., job postings, job applications, interview questions and hiring practices comply with the disability discrimination laws?
- Have your job descriptions been revised to comply with the disability discrimination laws?
- Do you offer disabled applicants reasonable accommodation during the hiring process?
- Do you have written procedures for conducting applicant and employee physical examinations which comply with the disability discrimination laws?
- Do you have a systematic and consistent practice for determining and documenting reasonable accommodations through an "interactive process" for applicants and employees who are disabled?
- Do you have a procedure in place for reviewing workers’ compensation claims for compliance with disability discrimination laws?
- Have your managers and supervisors received training on their responsibilities under the disability discrimination laws?
- Do you have a written set of policies and procedures for ensuring that you are doing everything required under the disability discrimination laws with regard to all of the above?
Our Disability Training
Our training program provides practical, useful and understandable information about disability laws and how they affect the workplace, including examples and case studies to provide an entertaining workshop. The program includes:
- A “Disability Discrimination Compliance Kit” containing easy to understand forms including:
- Interview Checklist and Interview Worksheet
- Job Description Analysis to prepare legally compliant job descriptions
- Employment Entrance Examination Questionnaire and Cover Letter
- Fitness for Duty Questionaire and Cover Letter
- Reasonable Accommodation Worksheets for Applicants and Employees to comply with the Interactive Process
- Compliance “checklist” to ensure all written procedures have been followed
- Training on how to use these compliance forms to comply with the law at all stages of the hiring process and for existing employees, including analyzing and documenting the reasonable accommodation process.
- Training on how to recognize and handle any conflicts between disability discrimination laws, leave law and Workers’ Compensation laws.
For more information on this program, please fiil out the form below.